Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GoPro ~~ any opinions

I do not personally own a go pro but have a friend who is a video tech for some major tv shows. His personal cameras run 100 thousand $ +[imax , hd,] he never goes to a shoot without the go pro , but he considers them disposable and does not worry about their cost.He always gets something on them that he can use

My wife bought me a GoPro Hero 3 Silver for Christmas, and I love this little camera. I've taken it snowboarding a few times, and most recently on our cruise where I took pictures and videos while snorkeling. I'll upload a few so you can get an idea.

See the flounder below?

Cleaning my conch shell

Sunrise

Default Action cam.

Thanks for everyones input...... after alot of researching and reviews I bought the Sony DSC H10 ....reasons..... Carl Zeiss lenses, Exmor processor, anti vibration and Sonys customer service.
    I read about a number of GoPros that would lock up and also some horror stories about trying to get service from the company ........ I'll post some pics after I get up and running.........AGAIN thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fearnofishbob View Post
    Thanks for everyones input...... after alot of researching and reviews I bought the Sony DSC H10 ....reasons..... Carl Zeiss lenses, Exmor processor, anti vibration and Sonys customer service.
    I read about a number of GoPros that would lock up and also some horror stories about trying to get service from the company ........ I'll post some pics after I get up and running.........AGAIN thanks
    I had a Sony Cybershot with the Carl Zeiss Lens. It took some of the best pictures I have on the river. However; it sure did not like being dipped in the water. Excellent camera and brand!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

I realize you've already bought another camera and this thread is a bit old but I thought I would throw in my two cents. I use the GoPro Hero with the chesty mount. I use it for video when out wandering streams. Pics or it didn't happen right. The only real issue I've had with mine is I accidentally switched it to sport picture mod and when I went to upload my video I was surprised with about 2500 pictures taken about 5 seconds apart. I believe with the newer versions of the camera getting the lcd screen attachment and still being able to use the waterproof case is an option. Although my GoPro takes good pictures it still lacks any real way of taking a pin point picture due to the lcd screen being optional and the lack of a zoom. When it comes down to video it works very well. I'm looking to pick up a waterproof camera for pictures soon since I do get a little nervous getting out my unprotected phone to snap a picture.

Just another thing about the GoPro video. I noticed that when I use the GoPro CineForm software for cutting clips out of a long mostly boring video, it tends to kill the FPS on the clip. I've been checking into other video editing software to do this. Muvee has some promising software that I'm currently testing out as soon as I actually have enough clips to fit together for a decent length video (3-5 minutes). I'll repost when I figure it all out.

Good luck with the new camera and can't wait to see what kind of pictures it takes.