Thread: Georgia sweet Georgia

Default Georgia sweet Georgia

Well the time has come for my annual fishing trip to the mountains of North GA. I have to say that this trip is easily one of my favorites and I really get excited at heading even further South in pursuit of big trout.

First and foremost, this year I made sure to check first and see if Buzz followed me down to GA again and whether or not he had posted a recent report. Now that I am in the clear, I will post away... I wouldn't want him to burn out on all that PP work transforming those monsters he seems to find down there...

So this year's trip was the year of 'break offs' and 'thrown hooks' as I am officially labeling it!! Never before have I lost so many fish... At least the hooking up part was VERY consistent. I must have broke off at least three big fish and had more than a dozen do a little dance, get down and find a way to disco off my line. It was still fun regardless and really just makes any fish that actually does find its way to my net, even more rewarding.

Of course, it was not all doom and gloom... I always manage to find success at some point. In six years of venturing down to easily one of the most difficult streams I fish, I have always managed to catch fish and have never been left empty handed... knock on wood!!

A very nice fish to start off the trip. He was quite the acrobat jumping four or five times!

This is getting better but not quite what I came for. Still a very nice wild bow!

Now this be big fish territory up ahead. Prepare to lose some flies...

Finally found what I came for and colored up very nicely as well...

Tight Lines,

Wow! Nice fish. Pay-to-play stream?

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Excellent - Tnflyfisher. what camera were you using for the pics.

Breck

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post
    Wow! Nice fish. Pay-to-play stream?
    Well, in a way I guess it is... I pay for gas to get down there, campsite, food, beer, out of state license, leaders, tippet, flies, etc... but do I spend any extra money to fish this stream, no... This is a stream on TU's list of top 100 trout streams in the country and that is all I am saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Excellent - Tnflyfisher. what camera were you using for the pics.
    Breck - I am a photographer and have a pro Olympus DSLR with about six lenses all of which are resistant to the elements. It is an older camera but image quality lies in the glass of which the Oly lenses are excellent. I saw you asking camera info on another thread so feel free to email me as much as you want with any questions and maybe I can hep out.
    tnflyfisher at yahoo

Tight Lines,

WOW! Jonah called, he wants his whale back in the last shot, beautiful fish and background. Thanks for posting just saw a presentation the other week at a TU meeting about Georgia waters, put your hand on the cooler I believe!

Default Looks Familiar

I haven't been there in a while, but I would have to guess that's Dukes Creek based on the last two pictures. I'm heading up that way in a few weeks. I hope I can do as well as you did!

Quote Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
    First and foremost, this year I made sure to check first and see if Buzz followed me down to GA again and whether or not he had posted a recent report. Now that I am in the clear, I will post away... I wouldn't want him to burn out on all that PP work transforming those monsters he seems to find down there...
    Thanks for watching out.

Awesome report.
    My posts are worthless without pictures