Thread: Morels at 30 M.P.H.!!!

Default Morels at 30 M.P.H.!!!

Planned on getting a line wet, late this afternoon on the Hiwassee. Just happened to look over at a small stream like most of us do while driving at 30 M.P.H. ......and thought, I saw morels 60ft. off the road.

Had to go 5 minutes down the road for a decent turn about and 5 minutes later I parked.

I must admit....I laughed at myself, thinking how could I ever see morels in the above situation but I kept walking to the sight.

Here's what I saw.

As I got closer......

Mother Nature was a Good Lady to me today.

Please post as you find.

Breck

Wow, that's incredible! I need you to come help me. My favorite patch has been baren this year. They thinned the timber last year and I wondered what it would do for my "hickory chicks", as they're known here. Sure enough I've checked each week for 3 weeks now, had a good long walk yesterday hunting, and have found absolutley nothing! Not the first one, in places I have been hunting for years and gathering a few small batches each year. I guess too much sunlight? Not enough moisture retention with the added runoff? Not sure but it's a fact, it hurt them. I did find a few patches of ramps in the same area, the timber cutting apparently didn't bother them.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.