Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: one fly challange

Quote Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
    #14 Tellico nymph...
    If this man says tellico then don't carry anything else. personally i fish a size 14 para adams but I am not david knapp either.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

#14 yellow or white Elk Hair Caddis with an 18 inch dropper rig of name-your-beadhead.

Quote Originally Posted by flyred06 View Post
    If this man says tellico then don't carry anything else. personally i fish a size 14 para adams but I am not david knapp either.
    I agree! I hear of a tale where David Knapp caught 3 trout simultaneously on a single cast. The first one was by conventional means on a tellico nymph, the second was ripped from the water by the vacuum created from the hook set, and the third jumped out committing suicide. His fishing companion, Chuck Norris, now has a tattoo of David Knapp...

found the recipe and tying videos for the tellico, pretty simple. If David Knapp fish's it I need it in my box, I heard he steps in the water and the fish just swim into his net to aviod the pain of his hook set

When he drives down the Middle he just opens the car door and they walk from the creek and get in!
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

David knapp didn't invent flyfishing he just mastered it and made it what it is today. Fish fear the name knapp
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

I gave this some thought and settled on a # 16 parachute march brown. With that said, I followed David Knapps advice and added some tellico nymphs to my fly box and was fishing one last evening as a dropper and caught my largest brown in the park, an 18" beauty. Sorry no pictures.

God Bless,
    Dances with Trout

Wow, I quit looking at this thread for a few days and things get out of control... Seriously though, that fly catches fish including some nice ones. Glad it worked for you Dances with Trout!!!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

having some fun with you david, seams you have become the william wallace of fly fishing in GSNP.

david , how do you tie the tellico? I've seen it now with a peacock hurl back or turkey back. the tail varies with different feather fibers as does the leg hackle , just wondering which recipe is the smokey version