Thread: Props to TVA

Default Props to TVA

Normally I only criticize, so for a change of pace I will offer a compliment.

TVA has surprised me and managed the weir repair water schedules as well as possible in my opinion. I was worried they would shut the Clinch off completely and jeopardize the entire fishery, but they have adjusted and are running a schedule which spares most of the river from possibly warming to dangerous temps.

Ironically in an era where govt is totally out of control and seemingly dysfunctional. TVA has shown a rare glimpse that they can function properly and take multiple aspects into consideration.

Thumbs up Props to TVA (Weir Project)

Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    Normally I only criticize, so for a change of pace I will offer a compliment.

TVA has surprised me and managed the weir repair water schedules as well as possible in my opinion. I was worried they would shut the Clinch off completely and jeopardize the entire fishery, but they have adjusted and are running a schedule which spares most of the river from possibly warming to dangerous temps.

Ironically in an era where govt is totally out of control and seemingly dysfunctional. TVA has shown a rare glimpse that they can function properly and take multiple aspects into consideration.

Jim,
    I agree! They have done a fabulous job on this project from my perspective. Heck; even their work-staging area is clean and neat. I think it was very wise of them to en-fence the weir parking area and to thwart traffic in that area. Great job and I hope things continue to go well. It looks like they have made some time up very fast due to the weather setbacks a month ago.

To the TVA Team; thanks for the great work! Most of all, be safe and watch out for each other!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Good posts, waterwolf and Shawn.
    – JF
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com