Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Generation Schedule do you Believe?

Default Which Generation Schedule do you Believe?

Just checked (5:15 pm) the generation schedule for the Clinch on the LRO website as well as on the phone (TVA#) and got 2 different schedules. The online site said they were running 2 from 8 am till midnight and the TVA# had them running 0 from 5am till 3pm......Now how do you plan around that? Or am I seeing something wrong. I doublechcecked before I posted this.

Mike

this is for Monday , the 8th.

OK........the website schedule has been updated.

Mike

I wouldn't trust anything right now, this is a bad situation for TVA. Lake levels are full and a massive event occurring at the same time is tough to deal with.

Also, the river was muddy today, so before heading out you might get a local report

I fished above Miller's on Sunday and it was extremely cloudy. Probably the worse I have noticed. It looks like they will be holding it back today and then dumping from Tuesday to ?. It was an insanely wet 4th....
    Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.

Native of Cleveland, TN - Now living in Knox.

Their schedule does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Every dam around here seems to be spilling or pushing their max. We have not had a day with the water off this much in quite some time. But like Madioson said, the next two days are predicted to be around 9,000cfs.

Often times with large rain events, TVA will hold back some dams while draining others so the entire lower river valley doesn't flood.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerG10 View Post
    Their schedule does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Every dam around here seems to be spilling or pushing their max. We have not had a day with the water off this much in quite some time. But like Madioson said, the next two days are predicted to be around 9,000cfs.
    Norris is a headwater lake and this event did not pound them like it did elsewhere. Therefore they will hold it back for a little while to let the other lakes catch their breath. Have no fear in a day or two they will blow it out

I'm with Waterwolf. Yesterday they were not supposed to run water on the Caney. At noon, they hit the generators. Things change too quick after big rains to rely on the schedules.
    "Here fishy fishy."

Native of Cleveland, TN - Now living in Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    Norris is a headwater lake and this event did not pound them like it did elsewhere. Therefore they will hold it back for a little while to let the other lakes catch their breath. Have no fear in a day or two they will blow it out
    I guess that does make sense. It's almost comical the amount of rain we have received over the last week. I'm so over rain!