Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just moved from PA

Default Just moved from PA

Hello everyone,

I have just moved from PA to Rockford and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some friends down here.

I am originally from England (please don't hold it against me LOL!) and have lived in the states for 7 years so far. I am a complete trout fishing NUT and tie all my own flies. My home waters in PA were the Letort, Spring Creek , Penns Creek and several others.

As well as fishing for Trout I have fly fished for Steelhead and Bone fish and Tarpon when on vacation.

My home waters in PA were very different to the tailwaters and Mountain creeks here so I am really looking to meet some fishing buddies that like to fish ALOT and share their experience. I really would like to get up to speed on fishing in this area and hopefully make some good friends too.

I breed dogs so I am pretty open and flexible as far as fishing time, if you are looking for a fishing buddy please let me know, I look forward to contributing to this forum as soon as I get some experience on these waters but in the meantime I am happy to offer any advice on fly tying as that is a big passion of mine.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Kind regards

Jules

Welcome Jules. You have landed on the right forum. Great people and excellent fishing!!

Hope to meet you soon.

Breck
    breckdavis100@gmail.com

Thanks for the welcome Breck, look forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have just moved from PA to Rockford and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some friends down here.

I am originally from England (please don't hold it against me LOL!)...

Jules
    Welcome aboard, Jules. I clearly won't hold it against you that you are originally from England. I owe a lot to Nick, a fellow countryman of yours I met on the CartoTalk forum. He patiently taught me much of what little I know about mapping. Anxious to hear more from you.

– JF
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
    Welcome aboard, Jules. I clearly won't hold it against you that you are originally from England. I owe a lot to Nick, a fellow countryman of yours I met on the CartoTalk forum. He patiently taught me much of what little I know about mapping. Anxious to hear more from you.

– JF
    Thanks Joe, nice job on the maps I actually bought the 44 maps on USB from you guys, they are great. I'm waiting for someone to offer up some company and conversation on the stream

Welcome
    I went to school in your lovely country a long time ago and met my wife there.

It will be interesting hearing your perspective on the fishing in these parts

Quote Originally Posted by Streamhound View Post
    Welcome
    I went to school in your lovely country a long time ago and met my wife there.

It will be interesting hearing your perspective on the fishing in these parts
    Thanks Streamhound I am looking forward to it , one of the Forum members has kindly offered to show me around the Park next week which will be great

Do they have rhododendron all over streams in PA? Just curious when I was in Wyoming I was struck by the openness of the streams

Quote Originally Posted by Streamhound View Post
    Do they have rhododendron all over streams in PA? Just curious when I was in Wyoming I was struck by the openness of the streams
    On the Mountain Brookie streams in PA there was lots of Rhododendron that liked to eat my waders !

Yup you ain't kidding. I'm a small stream fly fisherman from PA. That crap is everywhere.