Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No stars were born today

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    So do they close campsites down until they get the bear, how does it work Ducky?
    I really don't know much how it specifically works. I remember getting a memo released to VIP's(VolunteersInPark) that stated how many bear incidents there were that previous year. I was shocked to see that 2 people had discharged rounds at bears Don't think either case was justified. There were hundreds of "Bear Incidents though", and apparently they dart many a bear per year. I'm sure others might be able to chime in with more

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/naturescience/black-bears.htm

Really nice post. That's a sweet looking brown.
    "Here fishy fishy."

Nice post Buzz, congrats on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    I really don't know much how it specifically works. I remember getting a memo released to VIP's(VolunteersInPark) that stated how many bear incidents there were that previous year. I was shocked to see that 2 people had discharged rounds at bears Don't think either case was justified. There were hundreds of "Bear Incidents though", and apparently they dart many a bear per year. I'm sure others might be able to chime in with more

I think I would be a little more prone to discharge rounds at the stupid people that try and get as close as possible to the bears just to take a picture than I would the bears themselves.

Nice score on the brown. I'm getting Brown fever just knowing fall is coming soon.

Thanks Ducky, very interesting.

Those 2 fish alone must have been enough to make your day. Bet you there is a newby out there kicking themselves right now
    Based on my success so far in the Smokies (or severe lack thereof), after I saw this report, I took yoga so that I could learn to bend my leg so I could kick myself in the rear!. But after I saw that huge brown, I couldn't stay sad. That was a beautiful fish!

Great post & pics Buzz as always. Congrads on the Brown and I'm glad you and "The Bear" parted ways without incident. After you and I saw that bear a couple of years back, I've been carrying bear spray ever since. It may or may not work but it makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by hoop235 View Post
    Great post & pics Buzz as always. Congrads on the Brown and I'm glad you and "The Bear" parted ways without incident. After you and I saw that bear a couple of years back, I've been carrying bear spray ever since. It may or may not work but it makes me feel better.
    I wish I would have thought to call you Saturday night. If you'd been able to get a yard pass I could have headed south and we could have fished some of your streams.

I'm glad that bear didn't act like the one we ran across. I didn't have someone with bad knees with me that I could have knocked to the ground and outran to the car.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

LOL!! Your right, it wouldn't take much to beat me back to the car. At least now the bear would have a pepper flavor to it's meal.

As for fishing, just give me call when you get some free time and we'll head out.

Also, I've thought about a three day weekend backpacking trip this fall in that area. If you see a free weekend around your Wyoming trip and your interested, just let me know.