Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF Guides for the Park

Default FF Guides for the Park

In addition to looking for good BBQ, I would also appreciate some recommendations for fly fishing guides for the Park. I have never hired a guide down there, so recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

I would recommend Josh Pfeiffer at frontier anglers in maryville, you can google and find his contact info.He knows the park really well and is a **** of a nice guy, tell him Jules sent you

You could also give Ian Rutter (RandRFlyfishing.com) a call. He and his wife Charity (she guides, too) live in Townsend and have written a few top-notch guide books and made some excellent videos. Very supportive of the park and all-around great folks. If you do talk to him, tell him "Shark Week"'s dad said "Hi".
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!

Brad Attwill through smoky mountain angler in gatlinburg tn. google it and you should find the info. Did a trip with them earlier this year. Top notch people. Call and ask for Harold. flyguys

i second the choice of Ian Rutter. I've used him twice for trips in the park with one of the times including my adult son who was just starting out flyfishing. Ian was very patient with him and taught him alot.

Mike

There is a certain high-profile guide that can be a grouch. PM me for his name so you can avoid him.

Sure all the recommendations are good, but I am gonna throw out a third for Ian. I went with him on my first Smokys trip several years ago. Learned a lot from him, very patient, and caters the trip to what type of fishing you want to do.

I am sure the others are real good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I would recommend Josh Pfeiffer at frontier anglers in maryville, you can google and find his contact info.He knows the park really well and is a **** of a nice guy, tell him Jules sent you
    +1 for Josh. He is good people. I have heard that Ian Rudder is good as well, but I don't have any firsthand experience. I went out with Josh on a smallmouth trip and had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I agree with Brownie. I've hired Josh for a trip in the Smoky's and I had a blast. Extremely knowledgable and makes a mean sandwich for lunch. I'm hoping to do a float trip with him soon.

Tim Doyle is also a good Guide. He is also in Townsend.