Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazel Creek

Breck,
    We have camped at Bone Valley in the past. There are some nice stretches of water above and below there. Some of the prettiest water in the park that I have seen. I believe there are some springs at that site as well. Enjoy your trip. I need to get back in that area soon.

mstone

Lots of good water to fish. I like to fish the horseshoe below the Sawdust pile, the area between Sugar Fork and Bone Valley, and above Bone Valley. There is a ton of water and something for everyone. You might want to fish the lower creek one day. That time of year some lake fish start to move up to spawn, and you can catch some nice Smallmouth below the old gauging station. Sugar Fork can fish well if it has some water, but my 2 favorite tribs are Bone Valley Ck and Procter Ck.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Gentleman, I am appreciating all the info. I am aware of Jims book and have it, JF's maps as well and I too look at this trip as a treasure to never forget and prepare for. That is why I inquired on this Forum and no other for the real time knowledge of recent trips and points of interest from those who have gone before me.

I promise to do my part by paying forward the help with a good fishing report with Ian and Charity next month.

Thank You,

Breck

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post

There are 2 -3 spots still available.

Thank you in advance.
    If your paying I'm going

I'll even carry your pack

Default Hazel Creek

Breck,
    I have stayed at Sawdust pile and Bone Valley in the past. Most of the fishing I have done has been from Sawdust pile and up. You really can't go wrong with any of it in my opinion. Some of my best luck has been between the Sugar Fork site and Bone Valley site. You will likely see some big browns from the trail in the big pools as you walk up. Enjoy it. It is a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    If your paying I'm going

I'll even carry your pack
    Ducky, you truly are the Best!!!! I can imagine what the video might look like that you would end up shooting.

Breck

Quote Originally Posted by lexfly View Post
    Breck,
    I have stayed at Sawdust pile and Bone Valley in the past. Most of the fishing I have done has been from Sawdust pile and up. You really can't go wrong with any of it in my opinion. Some of my best luck has been between the Sugar Fork site and Bone Valley site. You will likely see some big browns from the trail in the big pools as you walk up. Enjoy it. It is a great place.
    Lex,

Thank You.

Breck

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Ducky, you truly are the Best!!!! I can imagine what the video might look like that you would end up shooting.

Breck
    Might smight I'll carry your backpack, shoot video and pics of you and heck will even give you most of the fresh water. That would give me an excuse to go all Horace Kephart and abandone my family. While I don't normally drink we could even go on a bender if you want

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Might smight I'll carry your backpack, shoot video and pics of you and heck will even give you most of the fresh water. That would give me an excuse to go all Horace Kephart and abandone my family. While I don't normally drink we could even go on a bender if you want
    Go on a bender!? Where? When? Haha

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
    Go on a bender!? Where? When? Haha
    Maybe we can just hang out with our Indian friend after we fish Sunday. Does that count?