Thread: here's one for you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default here's one for you

our country is broke,the government is in the shutting down mode,politicians argue over dollars they don't have,what will they do?
    Ouside,in the parking lot next to my drug store,,is a line of folks about a hundred feet long,some are texting,some talking and laughing...they are here to pick up their new,free cell phone compliments of the feds...you can get one too,all you have to have is a book full of food stamps....then you qualify!!!
    That's where we are as a country,how do you like it...they shut down the parks,which is a slap in the face to working people because it's the working people who frequent the national parks not the others....but it is the others who in reality are "the people" because of their numbers,which translates into lots of votes

We are spending over a billion dollars a year on this program.
    "Here fishy fishy."

"When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can count on Paul's vote"

There is a pipeline from both my paycheck and what remains in my wallet to support such programs, the politicians who promise to implement them, and its recipients.

Lauxier, food stamps are now on "debit cards" so that recipients won't be embarrassed when "paying" for their groceries. I found some old food stamps in a drawer when I was a young child. When I asked about them my Mom told me something to the effect they were from a grocery store promotion and but we didn't need to use them, then threw them away. She stopped using them as soon as she was able to as evident by the stamps that were left in that drawer. As an adult I realize how embarrassed she was that I had found them.

A record 15% of the American population is now on food stamps; I like to believe some of them are still embarrassed and trying to change that.

Default ?

Thought this was a fishing forum. What's this doing here?
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Johnson View Post
    Thought this was a fishing forum. What's this doing here?
    AMEN. Get that crap out (no politics, either side).

yes, lets do on the forum as we do everywhere else. Not discuss it and wonder why it gets worse...

Default ok

Want to apologize for the post "here's one for you".I was aggrevated because of the closing of the Park.I did not intend the post to be viewed as political...but as a lover of the park and it's streams for some 40years,I felt compelled to comment on the park closure etc.I believe the national parks are our "Last Best Place".

Default Split the baby

If you have ever ran your own business, you know that when revenues are down, your pay is down. Rather than curtail services, why not just an across the board cut of 50% on everything from federal pay rolls and food stamps, to social security. If you are dumb enough to depend on a government check and do not like, get a real job. Next sell of TVA and most of the western BML land. Run it like a business, not a steal-athon.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
    If you have ever ran your own business, you know that when revenues are down, your pay is down. Rather than curtail services, why not just an across the board cut of 50% on everything from federal pay rolls and food stamps, to social security. If you are dumb enough to depend on a government check and do not like, get a real job. Next sell of TVA and most of the western BML land. Run it like a business, not a steal-athon.
    Had a real job. Had lots of money taken out of my paycheck for the promise of social security. Retired. Would like to get some of my money back.
    "Here fishy fishy."