Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tellico camping and fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
    Be careful camping, hiking, & fishing in the NF this weekend. We are right smack in the October Monroe county bear (with dogs) season.
    Made that mistake years ago - 4WD's and hounds howling all night long!

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post

steve

Not to hijack the thread with bear dog stories, but thought you all would enjoy this one. Many years ago, my dad was staying at the Donley cabin with some other TWRA guys. They had been doing some work on the North. A stray hound had been hanging around the cabin all night. Around midnight it got into a skunk right outside the cabin. Skunk sprayed the dog, and in the process sprayed the side of the cabin. Anyone who's been to the donley cabin knows it isn't exactly air tight. The smell was so awful that none of them could sleep and they had to evacuate in the middle of the night.

Flyman01- look at news reports reporting of the lenghts that this corrupt adminastaration is stooping, removing handels to drinking fountains up east, extorting State funds from Utah, ect. This is not America any longer! This corupt regime is spending more money keeping us from fishing and enjoying our land then they spend keeping it open.

"We're lucky we're not getting all the government we're paint for."
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rainBBow View Post
    Flyman01- look at news reports reporting of the lenghts that this corrupt adminastaration is stooping, removing handels to drinking fountains up east, extorting State funds from Utah, ect. This is not America any longer! This corupt regime is spending more money keeping us from fishing and enjoying our land then they spend keeping it open.
    I hear and agree with what you are saying rainBBow. My friend and I headed down and fished both the Hiwassee and the Tellico this past weekend; the weather and fishing was great including the conversations we had regarding the corrupt regime presently in office. Here is my friend; his (censored) gesture represents the feeling of both of us toward the whole system.
    God gave fishermen expectantcy so they would never tire of throwing out a line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post

steve
    At times I think I made that mistake years ago choosing the subdivision we live in because of the same annoyances. The dogs barking is pretty constant. The pickups with loud mufflers peak on Fridays when the boys leave out and return from a courtin'. Just like experienced hunters can usually tell the game treed from the bay of the hounds, I can usually tell when a dude's date went badly.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com