Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hericium erinaceus

Fried mushrooms...oh yeah. Thanks for sharing!

Makin' me hungry! Great posts!
    “I fish......
    ......because the voices in my head tell me to.”

Thumbs up Excellent post and pictorial!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
    If I'm going to be a proper fly fisherman, I need to start spewing Latin with the best of them.

I'd set my alarm for 5:30 with the intent of being on the Grinch at first light and fishing till they kick the generators on. Well, I had some of the worst dreams last night. I dreamt that my heart gave out and I had an emergency heart transplant and the doctor never explained to me whether I had a permanent heart or just a temporary heart (look, you can't help what you dream, and I sometimes dream some crazy junk). I remember waking up several times during the night in pain. They went in through my ribs to switch hearts and it hurt. It was also an outpatient heart transplant, so I should have been able to figure out it was just a dream.

Well, at 5:30, I got up and fed the critters then promptly went back to sleep. When I finally got up and functioning, I decided I was going to head south to fish.

I was eager to get on the river, but had to be careful about being too eager.

Buzz,
    Excellent post and pictorial. I really enjoyed reading your story along with the pictures. Interesting information about the mushrooms as well! Thanks for sharing!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Nice! I wish I knew more about mushroom IDing. I've always liked the saying, "There are old mycologists and bold mycologists, but no old bold mycologists."

Very nice, thanks. Made me laugh. Plus, I've been wanting to get over to Tellico.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Great post and pictures. Really enjoyed learning about some of the edible mushrooms too!