Thread: GSMNP Map

Default GSMNP Map

Anyone know of a good map(s) that outline the streams in the park? I would like an actual map that I could take with me and mark/make notes on. Thanks so much.

Talking

While NDuncan and Flyman make some nice maps, you probably want to get some from Joe Fred

Or if your real thrifty get a park fishing map for free from LRO or the visitors center

I know Joe Fred has the digital stuff...wonder if he has actual paper maps..ahem...JoeFred...
    I have the free map and while very nice, I would like something a little more detailed. Next year, I'm gonna have the big browns marked.

Sandman,

If you plan to mark where the Big Brown Trout are located, I have some really really nice maps your welcome to use anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I know Joe Fred has the digital stuff...wonder if he has actual paper maps..ahem...JoeFred...
    I have the free map and while very nice, I would like something a little more detailed. Next year, I'm gonna have the big browns marked.
    Thanks, Sandman. I don't like to pitch sales here on the message board, and I certainly don't want to deprive Mac of an opportunity to help a buddy out , but we still print maps (on demand necessarily) for purchase, albeit on waterproof paper*. I once offered the option of purchasing them on regular paper, but that didn't prove to be popular at all. But... below is a link to another free overall park map. You can print it or have someone else print it in any size from 11x17 (recommended minimum) to... say 4+ feet wide without loss in bluelines, etc., resolution. Most well equipped copy centers (I use Rix Copies in Morristown) can color laser print up to 13x19 for under $3 or output on wide format inkjets charging by the square foot.

www.saintclairmapping.com/downloads/park_streams_map_download_2013.pdf

I purposely made this version less busy to allow penciling in "big brown trout" data.

Anyone wishing to have a third party print the file (strictly for your personal use, of course), please submit a request for my permission for such using the form at www.smokystreams.com/contact. I will try to respond within a few days.

*smokystreams.com/maps/park.
    Last edited by JoeFred; 11-19-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com