Thread: rubber net color?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question rubber net color?

Which would you prefer? Black or white? I'm thinking white would show the fish better for pics, but (I may be being a little nuts here) I'm thinking the fish may spook more at a white net? I don't know, but as always, thanks in advance!

hNt

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    Which would you prefer? Black or white? I'm thinking white would show the fish better for pics, but (I may be being a little nuts here) I'm thinking the fish may spook more at a white net? I don't know, but as always, thanks in advance!

hNt
    I have several of the ghost nets, but none in black. I think the fish is going to spook with a white or a black net. The white may be a little less probable. I believe the key is to wait until the last moment to bring your net in the picture to land the fish. I know this is not always applicable; but, if you practice your landing; you can learn to be sneaky with getting the fish in it.

*The best tip I can offer for landing fish is to squat down to water level when possible to land them. This positions gives you the most leverage and makes it easier to control your setup.

As for rubber nets; I have stopped carrying them on my packs and just use them for boat nets. They are too heavy and cumbersome for my pack use. Hope this information helps you bud.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post

hNt
    I agree with Shawn that they will probably spook to some extent regardless of color. However, I have had less difficulty landing fish (and removing hooks from net) after I purchased my Brodin Ghost Net. It was a lot of money to drop on a net, but I carry it with me on every tailwater trip.

You may wish to look at the new line of Nomad rubber nets by Fishpond. I think the handles are graphite and carbon fiber. I saw this line for the first time last month and really liked them. While I really like the look and feel of a handcrafted wooden net I think I have to have one of these. They are much lighter in weight and have a good feel to them.

I'll also throw this out there and its just my opinion. If your going to take a picture the black serves as a better background for when you want the old fish in the net photo.
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
    I'll also throw this out there and its just my opinion. If your going to take a picture the black serves as a better background for when you want the old fish in the net photo.
    Lynn
    I'm not really partial to net color... more concerned that the net is actually needed and used frequently...

But just for kicks, here is one option and how it looks in photos for
    reference...

Tight Lines,

That's a great looking picture and a nice fish!

Sweet!

Steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
    I'm not really partial to net color... more concerned that the net is actually needed and used frequently...

But just for kicks, here is one option and how it looks in photos for
    reference...

Tight Lines,
    Very nice. Beautiful colors also. Your net seems more clear than some others I have seen. Again nice fish.
    Lynn