Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigsur new year karma tradition

Fish? Who said we were trying to catch anything , people got there later than expected around 2:30 pm, will try to post some pics today. We ended up with five people, I was happy with that, with two day notice of event and change of venue, I was amazed by the number of people passing thru Metcalf and stopping to picnic, a lot of Florida, Ky, Ohio tags on New Years day, the area is only partailly opend in winter and every table was taken with a constant rotation of diffrent people right up till 5:30 PM. I think Metcalf will be the permanent location for the New Year's event, creekside dining area and bathrooms. More to come!
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
    More to come!
    Not sure whether to believe you are trying to tease the masses by making us wait for pictures, or just can't figure out how to upload them

As anyone can see in the following photos, this New Year's tradition is a very serious and solemn event held with the dignity it so richly deserves. The new Metcalf Bottoms location was the perfect setting for the afternoon of reelin, chillin and grillin!

After a quick photo shoot with some esteemed members we started the afternoon's events

Excuse me do you have a Marlboro, no but we have a couple of Winston's,
    Paula, note the 5wt on the right, it might look familiar to you!

Thunderhead reported his catch, which we immediatley questioned!

After further questioning he adjusted his catch report

Finally under threat of removal from the park area he adjusted his estimate!

However because we are old and cranky without a nap we awarded him the Official New Year's Day "HERB'S WELDING SHOP" hat, so we could eat dinner. He still does not know it was based on being "MS CONGENIALITY".

After much discussion and a full nelson Thunderhead agreed to relenquish the hat to start a new tradition of handing it down like the Stanley Cup or
    until we forget where we put it each year or lose it.

Dinner complete with a dessert of fine cigars and Makers, rounded out the day. Hey did you know if you spit Makers on a fire you can lose your eyebrow's. good thing we bought those glasses!

Sunset over Townsend on New Year's day completed the evening. I hope next year to increase the numbers attending and invite everyone to next year's. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2014 and many days of fishing!
    Last edited by bigsur; 01-03-2014 at 12:03 AM.

You guys went all out. Tablecloths and fine china!

Quote Originally Posted by bmadd View Post
    You guys went all out. Tablecloths and fine china!
    We do not mess around, this event was only for a couple of hours normally for an overnight trip we take chandeliers, we are built for comfort not speed. It's why chicks dig us!

Ya'll high fallutin' East Tn folks are something else! Wish I could have made the trek. Maybe next year!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bmadd View Post
    Ya'll high fallutin' East Tn folks are something else!
    I hope he gets Blackberry Farm to cater next year, I'll ditch the family for that for sure

I like the shots of Thunderhead. First is the David Knapp pose followed by the pose of Mac with the biggest fish he has ever landed, then finally my pose with one of my monster Brookies

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
    As anyone can see in the following photos, this New Year's tradition is a very serious and solemn event held with the dignity it so richly deserves. The new Metcalf Bottoms location was the perfect setting for the afternoon of reelin, chillin and grillin!

After a quick photo shoot with some esteemed members we started the afternoon's events

Excuse me do you have a Marlboro, no but we have a couple of Winston's,
    Paula, note the 5wt on the right, it might look familiar to you!

Thunderhead reported his catch, which we immediatley questioned!

After further questioning he adjusted his catch report

Finally under threat of removal from the park area he adjusted his estimate!

However because we are old and cranky without a nap we awarded him the Official New Year's Day "HERB'S WELDING SHOP" hat, so we could eat dinner. He still does not know it was based on being "MS CONGENIALITY".

After much discussion and a full nelson Thunderhead agreed to relenquish the hat to start a new tradition of handing it down like the Stanley Cup or
    until we forget where we put it each year or lose it.

Dinner complete with a dessert of fine cigars and Makers, rounded out the day. Hey did you know if you spit Makers on a fire you can lose your eyebrow's. good thing we bought those glasses!

Sunset over Townsend on New Year's day completed the evening. I hope next year to increase the numbers attending and invite everyone to next year's. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2014 and many days of fishing!
    Excellent! What a fabulous time and fun adventure! Good job fellas!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Excellent,

After reading your report I felt like I was right there with you guys. What a great way to start a new year out in the field enjoying the day in the Smokys. Thanks for taking the time to post a wonderful tradition.

P.S.
    Ducky, you know I am a bigger liar than Thunderhead

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    I hope he gets Blackberry Farm to cater next year, I'll ditch the family for that for sure

I like the shots of Thunderhead. First is the David Knapp pose followed by the pose of Mac with the biggest fish he has ever landed, then finally my pose with one of my monster Brookies
    Ducky, We considered Blackberry Farm catering the event, but those chefs over there just get a blank look on their face when you mention hot dogs.
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It