Thread: I understand

Default I understand

I now understand this addiction called fly tying. It is crazy how many variations of a single simple pattern can be made.

Yup! Before you know it; you will have hundreds of junk flies with nice hooks and tungstens bead you want back.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    Yup! Before you know it; you will have hundreds of junk flies with nice hooks and tungstens bead you want back.
    So, I am not the only one to have a box full of rejected experimental flies... Wow, I feel almost normal now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    So, I am not the only one to have a box full of rejected experimental flies... Wow, I feel almost normal now.

Travis,
    I have driven myself nuts before trying to recycle or reclaim my beads and hooks on flies I did not like...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post

Travis,
    I have driven myself nuts before trying to recycle or reclaim my beads and hooks on flies I did not like...

I find these trash flies extremely useful pan fishing in the summer spring and as a dropper underneath a popper. Regardless of how bad it may look, any form of nymph seems to be irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    Never ASSUME that the fish won't like the fly you reject. ****, they eat worms!!!
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

But do they eat worms with Krystal flash, rubber legs and a green tye dye bead?
    don't go ninja'n anybody don't need ninja'n

Email Punk

One last drift effort

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    I now understand this addiction called fly tying. It is crazy how many variations of a single simple pattern can be made.
    Skunked,
    It is a very addictive hobby. It is a great feeling of accomplishment to hook a nice trout on fly you tied or a variation of a pattern that you came up with. Like the others said before, It won't be long before you have a lot of junk flies. I still have a ton from 20 years ago when I started tying. I look at some of the creations I came up with then and wonder what I was on.
    "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the mountain. I will fear no trout: for thou art with me; thy fly rod and thy wading staff they comfort me."
    Email Kris