Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing License Validity/Purpose...?

Post Fishing License Types/Purposes Over The Years...

Don't you wish your fishing license was a nice button that you were required to display (wear) instead of a cheap piece of paper (folded up in your pocket)....(?) I know these are not practical anymore; but, they are beautiful in their own way.

Opinions?
    I know the buttons are not feasible... Just fun to view...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by MadisonBoats; 01-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

I like paper. Make copies and one goes in the powerboat, another in the kayak, another in the raft, another in the fly vest.

Go lifetime and you get a plastic card!

Turn 65 and pay one buck.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Shawn,

Thank You, for the history lesson with the photo. The older I get, the more examples of history repeating itself, I get to see.

I like the button.

Look forward to your seminar during Wildlife Week.

Breck

Smile

Nice picture Shawn

With the places I can usually be found fishing, I doubt it would make a difference

BFish - excellent point about copies. My not so smart self never thought of that and many times have license in other vest.

No doubt I would lose a button off of my vest, I'm always losing something. Maybe soon the Park Rangers and game wardens can carry a hand held device like the UPS guys have with the state's license data base, wouldn't be that hard to do. Most of that stuff is done on line now anyhow.
    Tad

Guys,
    I think the printed licenses work great and it is nice to get a replacement quickly. Plus, I really like renewing my licenses online and I still pay for the actual copy.

My post was in admiration of the beautiful pin from this old license. I have viewed some nice shadow boxes of framed pins. They all seemed to show different wear and different stories.

• My only quandary is that I wish we were required to display our licenses. That is not a big deal to me and I think it would help promote compliance of wildlife laws. Just an idea and not a rant....
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

At least TN uses waterproof paper for licenses. NC still uses thin cardstock & has a replacement fee if it gets wet.

I also like the idea of displaying your license. This would be more convenient for both angler and conservation officer. For the angler so he won't fumble through his wallet for his license and for conservation officer because if he could see the displayed license it would make his job quicker than having to wait for the angler to produce his license.
    I've never seen a fishing license in the form of a button. I think it may have some applications, especially as a novelty. You could charge a few extra dollars for it. Of course it's going to have it's limitations with trout stamps, etc being added on. It could be one big button.
    Anyway, interesting thought.