Thread: Headed to the clinch today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Headed to the clinch today

After breaking in my new gear in the GSMNP. I am headed to the clinch today to enjoy this beautiful weather! Hope to see you there!

Hope you had a good day, I was out early and it was okay down low. Not great by any means, and I thought the fish were unusually thin.

I picked up some pretty healthy looking rainbows in the slot.... They were pretty sluggish and cold though. I left at 10 when peeps started showing up... It was nice to see some young ladies heading out fly fishing this am, hope they had some fun

How'd did everyone do today? I had to work all day and couldn't get out. I figured there would be a ton of people out anyway. I'm gonna try and go tomorrow after my rec league bball game. That is unless it's coming a torrential downpour... And after checking the weather I'm afraid it will.

But as far as the young ladies out there flyfishing I pray I can meet the future Mrs. Robin Ryder on the river. Just as long as she doesn't out fish me too badly. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
    How'd did everyone do today? I had to work all day and couldn't get out. I figured there would be a ton of people out anyway. I'm gonna try and go tomorrow after my rec league bball game. That is unless it's coming a torrential downpour... And after checking the weather I'm afraid it will.

But as far as the young ladies out there flyfishing I pray I can meet the future Mrs. Robin Ryder on the river. Just as long as she doesn't out fish me too badly. Lmao
    Hey, I have first dibs. Man, I have sure spent some serious time all over that river in the past five years and rarely see beautiful women. However; there have been a handful of days that some strange things happened. And, I mean strange things!

Anyhow; fishing started off slow for me until the water stabilized and the midges started to hatch. Took fish on #18 "Jim-E Midges" & #14 Gold Tungsten Herl Wraps in fast water conditions.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”