Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 24 inch bow from ft loudon

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maynardville, TN
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Indian creek and gap creek. They're stocked in the spring as a put and take stream. I've caught fish a mile or two downstream on Indian creek past the last point on the stream where they stock fish. No doubt in my mind fish make it to the river. Look em up on TWRA's site and you'll see what I'm talking about.

    And if smallmouth fishing is something you're interested in Indian creek is good for that as well.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    knoxville tn
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Hope this helps. I'm doing it from my phone, but I have this bookmarked as well as printed at home.

    http://www.tn.gov/twra/gis/troutmap/gis_r4_trout.html
    don't go ninja'n anybody don't need ninja'n

    Email Punk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
    Indian creek and gap creek. They're stocked in the spring as a put and take stream. I've caught fish a mile or two downstream on Indian creek past the last point on the stream where they stock fish. No doubt in my mind fish make it to the river. Look em up on TWRA's site and you'll see what I'm talking about.

    And if smallmouth fishing is something you're interested in Indian creek is good for that as well.
    These are two of my favorite little hidden gems.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Gap creek, wow I would've never guessed that. I could see Indian creek being stocked seasonally though. Learning a lot lately

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maynardville, TN
    Posts
    125

    Default

    I've been fishing both of those for as long as I can remember. But sorry MadisonBoats! I dropped the ball and exposed your honey holes. Lol but Idk if you've been to gap creek recently but it's in bad shape. Like idk how to explain how trashy it is. Indian creek on the other hand is I'm pretty good shape.

    My friend and I a couple years ago fished Indian creek 2 weeks after the last stocking, had a day where we had a 75 fish day between the two of us. Granted we were spin fishing with mepps spinners. It was a mix of trout, red eye, smallmouth and a couple bluegill and another sunfish. We fished from the upper high bridge and waded down a VERY VERY long way. And we may or may not have trespassed for 90% of it. Lmao we caught some good size smallmouth a good ways down stream. A couple of which were 18" or so. It's a nice stream no doubt.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
    I've been fishing both of those for as long as I can remember. But sorry MadisonBoats! I dropped the ball and exposed your honey holes. Lol but Idk if you've been to gap creek recently but it's in bad shape. Like idk how to explain how trashy it is. Indian creek on the other hand is I'm pretty good shape.

    My friend and I a couple years ago fished Indian creek 2 weeks after the last stocking, had a day where we had a 75 fish day between the two of us. Granted we were spin fishing with mepps spinners. It was a mix of trout, red eye, smallmouth and a couple bluegill and another sunfish. We fished from the upper high bridge and waded down a VERY VERY long way. And we may or may not have trespassed for 90% of it. Lmao we caught some good size smallmouth a good ways down stream. A couple of which were 18" or so. It's a nice stream no doubt.

    I have fished these two creeks for about 3 years now, went up to gap creek today and it was so bad I didn't even bother with it. It's incredible what people put in that creek.

    Also fished Indian creek today with minimal success on Wooley boogers and egg patterns. Not much going on though. I have never caught smallmouth in there though, how far do you wade down? Past the trailer park? Did you just spin fish? Also how bad does it take for twra not to stock a creek that has so much trash In it? Gap creek usually has a good share of trout and red eye but it's so bad now!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maynardville, TN
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyman28 View Post
    I have fished these two creeks for about 3 years now, went up to gap creek today and it was so bad I didn't even bother with it. It's incredible what people put in that creek.

    Also fished Indian creek today with minimal success on Wooley boogers and egg patterns. Not much going on though. I have never caught smallmouth in there though, how far do you wade down? Past the trailer park? Did you just spin fish? Also how bad does it take for twra not to stock a creek that has so much trash In it? Gap creek usually has a good share of trout and red eye but it's so bad now!!
    Gap creek is so disgusting it drives me insane. I've made one trip this year and that will probably be my last. It used to never be this bad in the past but it's stupid now. I honestly wish they wouldn't bother with it and put those fish somewhere else. There's a couple streams in Campbell county that are gorgeous streams they just get stocked sparsely. But I've been committed to fly fishing for trout now for 2 years. And by all means not experienced. Lol but I've caught smallmouth scattered up to the highway bridge but the majority start behind the trailer park then downstream from there. All I've caught trout on at Indian creek this spring has been wooley buggers and I've had a good amount of success.

    I've got another thread from last week or so with some pictures called "streaming for stockers".
    I think the key is I tie a good amount of flash in and i get a lot more follows, strikes, and hookups because of it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Have you ever fished upstream from that bridge? Also where is station creek it says it's in that same area

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maynardville, TN
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyman28 View Post
    Have you ever fished upstream from that bridge? Also where is station creek it says it's in that same area
    I've waded up a little ways and caught redeye and such. I've caught a couple trout in the big hole above the bridge but that's it. Station creek is the small creek along the road that flows into Indian creek at the bridge.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
    I've been fishing both of those for as long as I can remember. But sorry MadisonBoats! I dropped the ball and exposed your honey holes. Lol but Idk if you've been to gap creek recently but it's in bad shape. Like idk how to explain how trashy it is. Indian creek on the other hand is I'm pretty good shape.
    ........
    Robinryder2, no worries from me buddy. I only fish there when all the tailwaters are blown out with rain and the mountains are just as bad. It is sad that people in that area litter the natural resources so bad. My buddy told me there are bears that frequent those streams as well.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



Similar Threads

  1. 28 inch red in the rain
    By JohnH0802 in forum Saltwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
  2. Fun on Fort Loudon
    By gverholek in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 02:49 PM
  3. 43 inch brown on 5x in South Holston
    By snaildarter in forum Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
  4. Where to Fish on Fort Loudon?
    By joefly in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
  5. hello from Loudon County
    By smctrout in forum New Members Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •