Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The French Broad River?

Default The French Broad River?

Anyone ever fish it around the Del Rio/ Bobrosa area?

Is it good for trout?

thank You in advance

Smile

Unless you are in the headwaters much further upstream, I don't think there are trout.

As boaters we call the French Broad "Asheville's sewer"

And the Pigeon the "Dirty Bird"

You can find some roadside on Cosby Creek but casting conditions are pretty tight. Husky Fly Fisher may be able to give you some options on Cosby Creek below the park.
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Unless you are in the headwaters much further upstream, I don't think there are trout.

LMAO that's great

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post

You can find some roadside on Cosby Creek but casting conditions are pretty tight. Husky Fly Fisher may be able to give you some options on Cosby Creek below the park.
    Outside of the park, Cosby Creek is fished out by the locals, who follow the stock truck around. What's sad is that many of these people are relying on the stockings for food on the table.

Now, I own three cabins in a very private area that is not accessible to the locals. Here, we have a fair number of "holdover" rainbows that can reach 20 inches.

I wouldn't brave Del Rio - it's the real life version of "Deliverance" --- I can tell you some stories.

I'd like to hear some of them husker. I know better than to go poking around that area but "not so locals" may need to hear it...
    don't go ninja'n anybody don't need ninja'n

Email Punk

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFlyFisher View Post
    Outside of the park, Cosby Creek is fished out by the locals, who follow the stock truck around. What's sad is that many of these people are relying on the stockings for food on the table.

Now, I own three cabins in a very private area that is not accessible to the locals. Here, we have a fair number of "holdover" rainbows that can reach 20 inches.

I wouldn't brave Del Rio - it's the real life version of "Deliverance" --- I can tell you some stories.
    2 of the easiest and most productive places to are across the road from where Indian Camp Creek flows in, this is some good pocket water, and the gravel turnout across the road from where Foothills Parkway starts/ends, there is a big deep pool that usually is filled with locals but there is some really nice water if you fish downstream (upstream is on private property ).

P.S. The large hole at Foothills Parkway harbors some VERY large trout (19+ inches ) and they are usually to wise to be caught by bait fishermen, but seem to respond well to flies . They are stockers but have been in the stream long enough to get a wilder look .

Hope this helped!

Man oh man. I wish this site would allow private messages.

I'm with you on the private messaging. It would make it easier for contributing members to contact one another off line without posting your info to the world.
    don't go ninja'n anybody don't need ninja'n

Email Punk

Quote Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
    I'd like to hear some of them husker. I know better than to go poking around that area but "not so locals" may need to hear it...
    There are lots of Del Rio stories.

There is plenty more to this story:

http://newportplaintalk.com/story/33994

Lightbulb Mailto: Tag

Quote Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
    I'm with you on the private messaging. It would make it easier for contributing members to contact one another off line without posting your info to the world.
    Fellas,
    Just add this <html> to your signature by updating your [User CP] at the top of the forums. Change the red text to your email and you can change the "Email Me" to whatever you want it to read in your signature. Hope this helps...

<a href="mailto:homer@example.com?subject=LRO Forum Message">Email Me</a>
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”