Thread: A Return to Snowbird

Talking A Return to Snowbird

My wife started a job working nightshift 3 days per week and as a result she doesn't have any vacation time yet

Bad for vacation, but good for weekday fishing for me

Since we couldn't take a trip to the beach or to see family we spent a few nights back at the cabin we rented last year. I tried to talk the family into staying next door at fellow forum member Jswitow, but the family insisted on taking the dog and having the Hot tub.

We drove the Dragon 4 times with the boys over the last 2 weeks. We counted the moving motorcycles we passed (parked ones didn't count) on all 4 trips. 72,51,61, and 80 were the counts.

We played several times at the Avery boat launch on Santeetlah lake. The boys caught butterflies, played with their foamies, threw sticks for Huck, and we even took the ducky out.

Out first attempt to paddle out was thwarted by Huck who insisted on coming. We had to paddle back and have Mom keep him on shore.

When we got to the cabin we were greeted by the neighborhood welcome committee. The boys and Huck we having the times of their lives. Huck was able to run free and played with the other dogs till exhaustion.

Huck was having so much fun, I wasn't even bothered by him spooking my fishing hole

A little confused with the fact they were able to bike "On the Road"

Had lots of fun in the Hot Tub turned WAY down. Played with their Foamies, and had a great time

Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Talking

While I wasn't doing a whole lot of fishing, we were having a good time.

I did get to do a bit of fishing. Missed a great Rainbow first cast, but could never tempt him to come back. Even hooked into a decent 14-16? inch Brown long enough for him to roll and show off his yellow belly. Caught a mix of stockers and holdovers or naturals

Mountain Laurel were blooming nicely

These guys were hitting flies half their size. So much for using a big fly to keep away the small ones

The second day I told the family to let me fish for 30 minutes then meet me and we would swim and play in the creek.

Huck arrived first and since I was in the water decided to join me. This was his reaction face from my scowl from my fishing being over

Dad I don't know what I did wrong

The boys and another neighborhood dog that adopted us and slept on our porch for the rest of the trip showed up to play

Took the boys kayaking down from the confluence to the cabin several times.

Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Talking

The boys wanted to touch a trout so I let them. The bank was steep and I didn't make them wet their hands. I'm sure I'll get crap about that

We went Gem Mining down the road. Basically some rocks and arrowheads mixed in with sand, but the boys were thrilled and I definitely feel we got our $25 worth of entertainment.

Turns out the Gem Mine/ Craft store is owned by the Mom of the band on the Moonshiners show. When we told her where we were staying she said that we were right down the road from Jim Tom and she even told us exactly where he lived. We didn't bother him, but believe we saw him riding his moped the day before right down the road

And a picture of the big Yellow stoneflies that Snowbird is famous for

Went to Look Rock on the way home. The kids weren't behaving so we "Locked them in the Tall Tower"

A great trip we will try and make a yearly tradition
    www.foamiefriends.com

Awesome post. Thank you for sharing! Enjoy these times with your boys, they grow fast.