Thread: Little River Afternoon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Little River Afternoon

Yesterday, I had some time to fish for myself after a half day guide trip finished up in the early afternoon. Being over in the Smokies already, there was no way I was going to skip the opportunity to get out on the water for a little while. After picking up a sandwich in town and stopping by LRO to see Byron and Daniel, I headed back up Little River and started at a favorite pocket water stretch.

After picking up a small brown and a couple of rainbows fairly quickly, I headed across the river to a deep run that just looked fishy. A small fish hit pretty quickly but it took several drifts before the nice fish ate the nymph. Boy was I glad I had decided to fish! This is one of the prettiest browns I've caught in a while. I would have been happy with the smaller fish but getting a decent brown is always extra special.

I didn't stick around too late into the evening but before I left I did notice Yellow Sallies both hatching as well as some egg laying activity. A couple of Golden stoneflies came by as well. I didn't notice any Isonychias but the nymph imitation was working great. I never even switched over to dries but my client caught some rainbows on dries in that morning so they are definitely working.
    Last edited by David Knapp; 06-13-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog