Thread: Preparing for West Point

Default Preparing for West Point

While serving in the Army 10 years in Germany, Korea and the U.S. I never dreamed my son would have the opportunity to not only serve his country, but to out rank his father and do it by getting accepted to West Point and to better that, play football at West Point.

I have been silent on my favorite forum as of late for preparing my son for the journey he is about to start as we head towards the Hudson River in New York on Monday. Looking back, I think, I've been preparing my self more for this journey than preparing he.

With my daughter now in her 3rd year at Univ. of Alaska and Tyler on his journey, life seems to be flying by at warp speeds. Hopefully I can slow it a little with more time on the water. Maybe even the Catskills just up the road from West Point.

Look forward to much fishing very soon!!

Breck
    breckdavis100@gmail.com

Breck
    I am so glad to see your post we have not heard a peep from you since Troutfest and you told me about your son, I had asked lately if anybody had any idea what was up. I thought you might be busy with your son, so glad to hear you are gettimg ready for his great adventure!
    As I told you before I am excited to know I now have someone to pull for in the Army-Navy game this year! What an honor for him and your family and we will all pull for his success!
    Last edited by bigsur; 06-27-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Talking

Congrats, and keep me in mind on Wednesdays when your off
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Breck, you should be very proud! congratulations to your son.
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Congratulations to your son for his acceptance at West Point for your daughter at the University of Alaska. Sounds like your kids have a real adventurous spirit.
    Having grown up about 100 miles north west of West Point I can tell you it's an absolutely beautiful place. The West Point campus is steeped in history. If you're a history buff there are Revolutionary War Battle sites nearby and French and Indian War Sites too. If you have time to drive up the Hudson valley go for it. It's a beautiful place.
    Be sure to show us some pictures.

Thumbs up Appointment to West Point

Congratulations and best wishes to your son on his appointment to West Point. The first year will be his toughest, especially Beast Barracks. Tell him to hang in there and he will do just fine. It is in a beautiful location, there is plenty to see and do. I served there in Thayer Hall in the Instructional Support Division from 1970--1972. There is plenty of history to absorb. There is plenty of fly fishing history also.

Hal M

Breck,
    My son is a new cadet at Beast Barracks right now as well! He is also an avid fly fisherman and hopes to be able to join the flyfishing club that they have at USMA. Where are you guys from? We are from Jefferson City.

We are in Cleveland, Tn. Tyler is in Charlie Co. My boat is yours anytime you wish from this day forward.

Please email me and lets get together and fish.

Were set to go up there for the weekend of the 15th for graduation.

I'm seeing trips to the Catskills in the future.

Are you E.G.?

breckdavis100@gmail.com

Breck,
    Wow! Congratulations to your son and your family. That is a distinct opportunity and honor. Wishing you and your family the best.
    Kind Regards,
    SM
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”