Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys!!

Default Hey guys!!

well i joined the forum after getting an invite to the Tyers Weekend and thought i would say hey to everyone and post some of the fun i have living in north Alabama look forward to meeting lots of yall and gaining lots of knowledge.

I fish lots of creeks and streams, all within 10 minutes from my house. I'm also an hour north and south of 2 nice trout tailwaters and spend most winters there. My fishing consists of either throwing big bugs on an 8wt or fishing short light glass rods ( pretty extreme differences)....either way is fun and has its purpose. anyways, heres a few photos of fish caught on my flies.....

BASS!

And then theres bass on glass

Panfish

Whoa nellie, they're some nice piggies there!! Congrats on the privelage of landing those and wlecome to the board. I live about 2 hours from the closest trout waters and even then rarely get to go. I mostly warm water fish here in Southern VA or Northern piedmont of NC. My absolute favorite is Smallmouth but again, nothing really close by that doesn't involve posted properties and such so I mostly stick with LMB and Sunfish species, I even catch quite a few Crappie on the flyrod every year.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Dang nice fish!

Some of those smallmouth sort of don't look like smallmouth are those Coosa Bass?

When I was in school at Auburn we used to fish a river towards Birmingham that had some sort of different bass in it, and for the life of me I can't remember which species it was.

Welcome aboard.

the smallies are pure as far as i know....have to travel about an hour and a half south to get into coosa( redye) bass and a lil east to find shoalies.

Last Smallmouth looking bass looks like a Coosa Bass , where'd it come from?

We find some that are interbreeding with spotted bass and get that look as well. Which may explain the unique coloration of that fish.

Some great fish, and really nice pictures
    Last edited by waterwolf; 08-21-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Default Awesome pictures and post!!!

bmb,

Welcome to the Best Forum out there.

You obviously know your bass!! Excellent pictures and thank you for a refreshing spin on fly fishing for species other than trout.

Breck

Welcome Brandon and look forward to meeting you at the tyers weekend. Nice fish.

Welcome Brandon, nice to have another Bass & Glass aficionado on here. See ya in November.

Thanks guys!