Thread: Clinch

Default Clinch

I have been out of state for awhile - I am interested in knowing how the Clinch is fishing now. Any thoughts or advice?

I've had better luck the past few weeks than I've had the whole summer. Last week, got into several pods of brook trout and couldn't seem to catch anything else (not complaining, they taste good). Yesterday fished decent to well for me with all fish taken on a v-rib #16 midge. Most importantly, the fish yesterday seemed to have some girth and color to them which has been lacking. Wind was pretty prohibitive though.

Sidenote: does anyone know how to date a stocker based off the regrowth of fins?

Clinch been fishing well, LONG LEADERS, tiny or non existent strike indicators and a zebra midge is all thats needed

Thanks for the information I usually use a 9 or 12 ft 5x with 3-4 ft of 6x fluorocarbon tippet when fishing on the Clinch. I had good luck last summer with stripper midges but will bring some zebras as well.

I fished it Saturday and managed to catch 18 altogether. mostly smaller guys. I managed to get a few ranging from 12 -15 inches. As stated previously I was using a 15' leader with about 3- 4 feet of tippet added on. Using sing size 18 soft hackle midges with no indicator.
    "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the mountain. I will fear no trout: for thou art with me; thy fly rod and thy wading staff they comfort me."
    Email Kris

Whats with the generation schedule? Past couple weeks water hadnt been turned on till later like 3 oclock now its on at 9? Is this how fall goes on the clinch?

It changes every year depending on rainfall. Check the operating guide on the TVA app and it will show Norris lake levels as compared to the previous year

Quote Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
    Whats with the generation schedule? Past couple weeks water hadnt been turned on till later like 3 oclock now its on at 9? Is this how fall goes on the clinch?
    I was going to fish it one morning this week and noticed that also. Oh well, I guess I'll just work a full week.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

I've got a new Clacka Eddy that's supposed to be here this coming week. Anybody want to show a first time db owner down the Clinch? I will feed you good and provide all you can drink. I can't go till Saturday.