Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Entry Level Waders

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneflylama72 View Post
    Well no leaks on the Compass waders 1st time out so they are already better than the old Cabelas Dry Plus they replaced. Little extra features over the plain Cabelas are nice. Much better gravel guards, better neoprene feet, and the opposable buckles on suspenders to convert to waist high. To be fair the Cabelas were an old style and most of the waders I considered had improvements including Cabelas newer offerings. But for the $$ the Compass 360 had best bang for buck. Retail is $89 for their base model without pockets, retail for next model is $119 which got me double layer knees and a big *** zippered pocket with fleece hand warmer pass through. (Found it for $95 online) If they turn out to be durable I will be real happy.
    Thanks for the update. I was just getting on here to ask how your trip to the Clinch with the Compass 360s went.
    -:- Todd Baker
    -:- Former Coloradoan with Appalachian roots and saltwater aspirations.
    -:- https://www.instagram.com/technowannabe/

Yeah I really like the waders so far. My Cabelas breathables just leaked everywhere 1st time out this spring so I've been wearing an old pair of Hodgeman neoprenes ( 15-20 years old, most of the seam tape inside has come loose, used 10+ times this year and still never had a leak in them) all year when I couldn't wet wade. I had forgotten how light and comfortable breathable waders are. The 2nd level Compass 360 I got have more features than I'm used to. Seems the features they don't have are articulated knees, Simms quality feet, double layers on seat, and a warranty past 1 year. The price jump to those kind of waders put them out of my range. As for the Clinch I caught 2 down at the Church access. As usual when I finally found a spot and a pattern that seems to work....the water started coming up.