Thread: Smallmouth

Default Smallmouth

Hey guys, new to the forums and have about 20 hours invested in reading some great info here.

I'm in Pigeon Forge until Monday and I brought my spinning rod with me and would love if anyone could share some knowledge on a couple places to check out for some smallies.

I'm 33 and never fly fished before. Definitely going to learn this summer and come back in October. For now, it's spinning rod cuz the bait casters are just to big to lug around.

Thanks!

Joe

miles of good smallmouth water in sevier county, both prongs of the little pigeon are good and this time of year it is even better downstream of where they come together. French broad is always good, Also Douglas lake is good for big smallies on the lower end

Quote Originally Posted by elkhaircaddis View Post
    miles of good smallmouth water in sevier county, both prongs of the little pigeon are good and this time of year it is even better downstream of where they come together. French broad is always good, Also Douglas lake is good for big smallies on the lower end
    Thanks for the info!

The fiance and I went down to the Metcalf Bottoms picnic area then drove to the sinks following that road next to the river. Pulled over at a few of the pull offs and waded around and fished a bit. Didn't catch anything but was fun. I have polarized sunglasses and didn't spot any bigger fish either.

We may take a drive to Abrams Creek tomorrow

Abrams creek has good smallmouth from the lake all the way up through the campground and a little bit above there