Thread: Wader question

Default Wader question

I just wanted to get some opinions on how you guys think wader should fit? I'm thinking about buying a nice pair from a buddy for cheap but they are pretty big on me. They are xl and I would probably need a large. I tried them out and they seemed to work fine other than being a little long and baggy in the legs. Does wearing oversized waders pose any problems or risks? Just don't see the need in buying another pair if I can make these work for now. Thanks in advance!

If they are too big just strap a wading belt around them. Athough that won't help with the baggy in the legs issue. Waterproof is the only truly important factor, although baggy ones will get you made fun of, which is only a minor problem

Pretty much what EHC said & they won't make your butt look to big(insert smiley here).

Grumpy

If you look like an Oompa Loompa when you try them on, they are the perfect fit.

The baggier your waders, the more farts you can save for later.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
    The baggier your waders, the more farts you can save for later.
    +10 Buzz!

I buy them baggy so there's room to bundle up in winter, and cold spring mornings. I wet wade otherwise.

That, and the embarrassment of needing help to get my waders off my feet that one time...