Thread: Browns

Default Browns

I will be coming in to Townsend on Monday and staying until Thursday to fish with a buddy of mine.We want to try and catch some brown trout on this trip but neither of us really know where the best chance to do that will be.I'm not asking for anybody honey hole just a general idea of where to start looking for some.This is our second trip up there to fish last trip was last September and we fished Lynn Camp,Greenbriar,Abrams so we wanted to try out some different places this time.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you are staying in Townsend, then focus on Little River between Metcalf Bottoms and Elkmont Campground. Little River is one of the top brown trout streams in the Park and easily the best brown trout stream on the Tennessee side of the Park. Good luck!

Thanks for the info David what kind of flies would you recommend?

Sorry just saw this. With the high water I would stick with streamers and big nymphs if you are fishing for browns. Sculpin patterns, Zonkers, even big Wooly Buggers might stir up a fish or two. Big heavy stonefly nymphs with a smaller dropper would be my choice for nymphing today. Good luck and be safe if you are out there this week!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

We got to Townsend this morning and got the camper set up and spent the rest of the day riding and looking at water to try and decide a plan for the rest of the week hopefully tomorrow the water will have come down enough to fish some thanks for the info.