Thread: US Navy Jet Crashes near Fish Hatchery

Post US Navy Jet Crashes near Fish Hatchery

Read this on FoxNews this morning...
    ----
    "
    The U.S. Navy said it was investigating reports of a military jet that crashed near Tellico Plains, Tennessee, on Sunday evening, as it appeared unlikely that the crew survived.
    The Navy told reporters a T-45 jet was missing after it took off from Naval Air Station Meridian in Mississippi with an instructor and student pilot on board.
    The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said the jet crashed in the Cherokee National Forest near a fish hatchery."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01...-on-board.html
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Called Green Cove Store today and was told River Rd is closed passed the hatchery.

I know that area well, so sad. Prayers to the families of the lost pilots. Hope that the crash site was away from the Tellico drainage and won't cause any long term pollution.
    Whitefeather

-don't tell me why we can't, tell me how we can.- whitefeather

Because of the crash and party bear hunts on the Tellico side, I decided to take the family to Citico instead. Haven't been down there for around 30yrs and found it to be much the same, sure don't remember the road being that rough though. Ended up camping on Double Camp Creek to escape the local crowd, plus the dust from the road wasn't as bad up that way. Forest service stopped by on Sat. as we were breaking camp and had a nice chat with him. From what info he offered up it sounds like the fuel didn't burn up and that a road would have to be cut in for removal. Evidently the jet crashed about 300yds up on the side of the ridge above the river, with a few pieces landing near the road. Road is blocked with military guards and the Forest Service wasn't even allowed through, guessing because of on going investigation. Removal is supposed to take place this week. Sad accident for sure.