Thread: Craft beers

Default Craft beers

Staying in Townsend for a week and wondering where to get good craft beer . Are there any local brewers that I should try? Flying into Knoxville Friday. Can I purchase beer in Townsend or do I need to stop in Marysville ?

No craft breweries in Townsend that I'm aware of, Maryville either.

Casual pint and kroger sell craft beers in maryville, IGA has best beer selection in Townsend

We would love to see you try our hand crafted beers at Smoky Mountain Brewery in Maryville! We have one in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhaircaddis View Post
    Casual pint and kroger sell craft beers in maryville, IGA has best beer selection in Townsend
    Quote Originally Posted by billj View Post
    We would love to see you try our hand crafted beers at Smoky Mountain Brewery in Maryville! We have one in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge as well.
    Excellent advise right here. And the nice thing is, Casual Pint and Smoky Mountain Brewery are within 100 yards of each other. I highly recommend getting a growler of Tuchaleechee Porter from SMB, then head over to Casual Pint for whatever else you might enjoy.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Now we have a brewery right on the Clinch River called Clinch River Brewery in the old TVA Building just up from the weir dam across from boat ramp. We went tonight to the grand opening, owners like our other local brewers are super nice folks great beer and food and how about a trout pond fed by a natural spring right in the middle. That has to be a first for me, also bike and kayak rentals. They had a band tonight and were packed, best of luck to them looks like a big plus for the Clinch. Picture coming off the water from a day of fishing capped off by a tasty brew, bangin!
    Here is the link to website, check out Facebook also:
    http://clinchriverbrewing.com/
    Last edited by bigsur; 10-14-2017 at 12:32 AM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Since the topic came up: my band Mojo Tweed is playing next Friday October 20 at Clinch River Brewery. Hope to see some folks come out!

I sure do love beer, but my doctor says "no beer," because of the meds I take. I live in Townsend and I wish I could lift a brew with you, but alas, I would be doing myself grave harm.
    Joe

thanks guys , I just used the IGA . the last time I was in townsend I don't think they sold beer there