Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nymphing rod

heard syndicate makes a decent euro-nymph(there may be a hygiene problem)--nymph rod---St Croix makes a nice nymph rod.think it's a 10 footer---bought it from lro
    Last edited by lauxier; 11-30-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: change spelling

I have a 8.5 ft bamboo rod made by walter babb that's a 5wt--that works good nymphing--walter wrote Cumberland Special on it--it'll roll cast long distances--it is best nymphing with long leaders....

I have just about used them all and I have to say that the best nymphing rod is the one you like. I put together a Frankenrod that I made from old parts; i.e., the two sections are both from old broken rods of which the ferrules miraculously fit (came out to just a couple of inches under 8 ft.) , straitened and refinished the sections, wrapped new guides, fitted an old reel seat that still worked great, and glued and shaped cork rings for a new grip that fits my small hands perfectly. It ain't the prettiest rod in the rod rack, but whatever taper it ended up with is perfect for me. I would say it is a medium flex and it lays out a 5 or 6 wt. line with little effort. It didn't cost much and if it gets broken (I have been known to fall on the rocks occasionally) it would not be a great loss monetarily, but being my favorite nymphing rod, I would surely miss it.
    Joe