Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/5/17

Yea I fish Norris for bass in cove creek a lot and the water temp is usually above 55 until after christmas. Big slow moving lakes like that and Fontana take forever to cool off

I got a 63 degree average with my Kestrel Drop yesterday on the river.

https://www.facebook.com/ClinchRiverTN/

“Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Shawn

What model of the drop do you have? How do you rate its performance? Is it worth the money when compared to a simple fishing stick-in-the-water thermometer?

Quote Originally Posted by JHS View Post
    Shawn

What model of the drop do you have? How do you rate its performance? Is it worth the money when compared to a simple fishing stick-in-the-water thermometer?

JHS,
    The Kestrel Drop is different than a tube thermometer. It is a data logger and you have to connect to it with a bluetooth device and pull the data with its software. It does not have any temperature reading information on the device. So; you would have to connect it to your phone to get the actual temperature on the water. I like using it to give me a better picture of what the river temperatures are over a period and how much they change. I would stick with a tube thermometer if you use one. The K Drop are fun gadgets if you find data collection useful. It is waterproof and rugged.

I hope that helps answer you question bud.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”