Thread: Bad News for the Caney Fork

Default Bad News for the Caney Fork

Just when we thought we would be returning to normal summer pool levels soon....

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Media/...ay-gate-study/
    John 3:16

I am so grateful TVA manages Norris Dam!

IMO-The Army Corp. of Engineers Projects' have too much instability in their management-cycles to maintain long-term projects.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Boone Lake is in a similar situation currently as Center Hill Lake and it is managed by TVA. It doesn’t ever seem to be a quick or easy fix when it comes to repairs on dams. There’s so much liability for those responsible. A rupture would prove disaterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Boone Lake is in a similar situation currently as Center Hill Lake and it is managed by TVA. It doesn’t ever seem to be a quick or easy fix when it comes to repairs on dams. There’s so much liability for those responsible. A rupture would prove disaterous.

Yes, I agree and it is imperative that are government allocate enough money to allow these agencies to be proactive in maintaining the dams and waterways. My post about the Army Corp related to the cyclical nature of its' personnel and budget allocations. Whereas; TVA has a management structure that allows it to focus long-range and plan accordingly. All of our dams have quirks and I hope our management agencies stay proactive in thwarting any major failures.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”