Thread: Any wade able water west of Knoxville?

Default Any wade able water west of Knoxville?

Been waiting and waiting for the Caney Fork to calm down (zero generators for at least several hours). Been tying some flies and even ran out to Caney Fork to take a look. TWRA stocks a couple places east of Nashville but, they have been flooded and not fishable.

So, my big question: Is there any wade able and accessible trout water west of Knoxville where I can go for a day? I don't mind an hour & half or so drive but, the Smokies would require a couple days at least.

Really appreciate any leads that you are willing to share.. PM welcome if public posting is not appropriate.

Thank you,
    Regis

Quote Originally Posted by RegisG View Post
    Been waiting and waiting for the Caney Fork to calm down (zero generators for at least several hours). Been tying some flies and even ran out to Caney Fork to take a look. TWRA stocks a couple places east of Nashville but, they have been flooded and not fishable.

So, my big question: Is there any wade able and accessible trout water west of Knoxville where I can go for a day? I don't mind an hour & half or so drive but, the Smokies would require a couple days at least.

Really appreciate any leads that you are willing to share.. PM welcome if public posting is not appropriate.

Thank you,
    Regis
    I read online that TWRA was to stock Cane Creek (I think that was the name) at Fall Creek Falls with rainbows and Brookies. This was to take place on March 1. That is when the flooding started, so I haven’t heard if it actually happened.