Thread: A day on flooded Litle river

Default A day on flooded Litle river

Last week was 1st trip for my son and I into the Smokies fishing. We got there on Sunday. There had been significant rain overnight and the Little River was pretty "big". It was so bad, that Our Guide David Knapp gave us an opportunity bail out or change date. But, we were there. David pulled all the stops and found fish for us. We did some hopping around and caught trout at almost every stop.

Thanks to David, we had a successful trip.

Regis

You picked a good guide. David would be at the top of my list for a Smokies education even though I out-number him by many years. Did you end up fishing the LR much or did you hit some of the smaller streams?

Quote Originally Posted by JoelO View Post
    You picked a good guide. David would be at the top of my list for a Smokies education even though I out-number him by many years. Did you end up fishing the LR much or did you hit some of the smaller streams?
    I have to agree on David for education, guide, and just good guy. My son is probably nearly twice his age so I'm on up there myself. We mostly fished LR way up high. Did try a feeder stream late in the day though..

Regis

Went to the Middle Prong on Monday. What a beautiful day. Temps in the 70's and the river was pretty clear and not running high. Saw no hatches of any kind. Did manage to catch one small rainbow on a green caddis pupa.
    Joe
    Last edited by xvigauge; 04-06-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling