Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Tremont Trip

Is there a low res version of LITTLE RIVER, HAZEL CREEK & FORNEY CREEK HEADWATERS - MAP R1011

You'll need to go way above the falls. Brother and I are old and lazy so we start fishing 10 minutes or so above the falls...not a good idea because EVERYONE fishes that stretch and the fishing IMO is mediocre. The knowledgeable/fit guys and gals won't start fishing until they go another mile up the trail.

Well, I did not fish above the falls. I made it up to the falls. I fished Sunday 6-10 and Friday 6-15. I landed 3 rainbows, missed 5 others, and had about 4 long distance releases on Sunday. I caught another 2 rainbows on Friday. I think I did good for my first times ever fishing GSMNP. They where all caught on the TBum 40 fishing a size 14 black stone nymph on 4x tippet. Did not get good pics of them all but here are the ones that I did get.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion1971 View Post
    Is there a low res version of LITTLE RIVER, HAZEL CREEK & FORNEY CREEK HEADWATERS - MAP R1011
    I am just now seeing this as I apparently still do not have my e-mail notifications setting right.

Glad you did get to go and those are some nice fish you caught.

JF
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    CreekMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams