Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June Tremont Trip

Default June Tremont Trip

I am hoping to do some fishing in the GSMNP June 9-15. Should I bring my waders or will I be better wet wadding? I have never been here before and I am looking to give it a try. I will be bringing my Suntech TenkaraBum 40 and my Nissin Pro Square 450 and a couple other Tenkara rods. Will also have my 4wt with me. I am looking forward to this trip being my first time visiting the area. Will be stopping in Little River Outfiitters to check out the shop. Hopefully they can sell me a fishing License while I am there. I am looking at fishing the Middle Prong area of Tremont. If you anyone is available and wants to fish with me feel free to send me a message.

Mike P.

Might want to have them if it is raining with higher water levels and you want to try for a nice brown, could help you stay a little dryer on a nasty day. Always good to have just in case, doubt you'll ever need them though. Make sure to study up on your park streams from Tremont to Cherokee, tons of good streams in between. You're going to really enjoy the area.

Bring them if you want, but if you’re tight in space, they would be the first thing I would ditch.

I normally start wet wading in the Park by mid April at the latest, but of course the weather can throw a wrench into that at times. But by May it is almost a given you can wet wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Knik View Post
    Might want to have them if it is raining with higher water levels and you want to try for a nice brown, could help you stay a little dryer on a nasty day. Always good to have just in case, doubt you'll ever need them though. Make sure to study up on your park streams from Tremont to Cherokee, tons of good streams in between. You're going to really enjoy the area.
    Scorpion, although these versions have low resolution topo layers, they will help you prepare as suggested by Knik:

#LessWanderingMoreWading

You'll only need a Tennessee license to fish anywhere in the Park. LRO can sell you one, but you might want to pick one up at Wal-mart on the way in. That will give your more time to spend with Daniel or any crew and pick up the happnin' flies, etc.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    CreekMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
    You'll only need a Tennessee license to fish anywhere in the Park. LRO can sell you one, but you might want to pick one up at Wal-mart on the way in. That will give your more time to spend with Daniel or any crew and pick up the happnin' flies, etc.
    A NC license will work as well, doesn’t matter which side you fish.

As for a TN license, just get the TWRA app. No need in stopping at a Walmart.
    Last edited by JayR; 05-29-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Good advice, JayR. Walmart does have pretty decent restrooms though.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    CreekMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams

Thanks for the help and info.

Mike P.

Tremont should definitely be good then, as well as wet wading. As far as advice Daniel will get you set up and informed, but, as always, stealth is your friend in the Smokies. BTW, in
    reference to the nice maps Joe Fred provided, I love Raven Fork, and I fish it whenever I can but wanted you to be aware that you need a tribal license if you get out of the park boundaries
    over there and they do enforce that. Easy enough to get at several places in Cherokee. Good luck!!
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

I will be in that area during those dates also. It will be my 7th trip to the Townsend area and plan on fishing every morning from 6 am until noon and then bringing the family to do vacation things. I recently bought a Tenkara rod specifically for fishing the GSM streams and have been using it to catch blue gill around my home (SW Louisiana).. I have always wet waded during May/June months there and will be around Middle prong area upstream of Tremont, Thunderhead or Lynn Camp prong streams . I plan on mainly highsticking with the Tenkara using a squirmy worm or some green weenie, or should I say that is what i plan on starting with I think I want to try around Elkmont also.... Good Luck to you be stealthy my friend.....

Quote Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
    I will be in that area during those dates also. It will be my 7th trip to the Townsend area and plan on fishing every morning from 6 am until noon and then bringing the family to do vacation things. I recently bought a Tenkara rod specifically for fishing the GSM streams and have been using it to catch blue gill around my home (SW Louisiana).. I have always wet waded during May/June months there and will be around Middle prong area upstream of Tremont, Thunderhead or Lynn Camp prong streams . I plan on mainly highsticking with the Tenkara using a squirmy worm or some green weenie, or should I say that is what i plan on starting with I think I want to try around Elkmont also.... Good Luck to you be stealthy my friend.....
    Lynn Camp is the area of interest for me. Was looking at going up to the falls and fishing. Not sure when I will be there bit I might see you out there. Tightlines.