Thread: Lost rod

Default Lost rod

I left a 9ft 8wt tfo, sage reel (black and silver) w orange backing on the little river last Saturday. By the first parking lot below metcalf. Iíve reached out to the guides and fellow fishermen. Filed a report at sugarlands Monday. Please let me know if anyone has found it

Sorry to hear about that...I hope you get some positive news.

An 8wt is a lot of rod for the Little River...were you throwing big streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by JoelO View Post
    Sorry to hear about that...I hope you get some positive news.

An 8wt is a lot of rod for the Little River...were you throwing big streamers?

I was was wondering the same thing.

Not meant as an I told you so, but the first thing I tell new guys I have taken fly fishing is that the VERY FIRST THING you put in your vehicle when you finish up is your fly rod. Don’t lay it on your vehicle, against it, against a tree, etc.

I was throwing big streamers and forgot my 4wt at home... a biiiig storm came and I had my fiancť with me. I also got my phone a little wet so I was preoccupied with a couple of things... Iíve never left my rod anywhere in 30 years of fishing...tough lessons learned the hard way.

You might want to post on the NGTO -North Georgia Trout Online forum, too. I think they have a lost and found section.

Sorry about your rod. I know I have been the victim on a couple of occasions myself. I had someone tell me years ago if you are going to put the rod down, put it on the front windshield. You can use your wiper to hold it in place. At least that way you will see it before you drive off.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

I think it was Silvercreek who had a mantra of sorts, RGITF, meaning Rod Goes In Tube First.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post
    I think it was Silvercreek who had a mantra of sorts, RGITF, meaning Rod Goes In Tube First.

steve
    If it is a bamboo rod, make sure it is throughly dry before putting it in the tube.
    Joe