Thread: Calderwood Boat Fishing

Default Calderwood Boat Fishing

Hello,

I am new to the site.

I live in Alcoa and I am thinking of going to some of the little TN river reservoirs to try my luck at trout fishing with my son.

I am thinking I would like to try Calderwood lake first. I would like to fish live bait for the most part.

I might through a rooster tail or some other lures.

I was thinking of taking out my 19 ft fiberglass fish and ski..... Not sure how well it will work??

Is the ramp good enough to launch off of? I know you have to drive the dragon to get to the ramp.

Any advice or tips would be great, would just like to get my son on some fish and I know it will have to be cooler fishing on these Mountain lakes rather than the ones closer to home for now.

Would like to make a pattern for us of spring/fall fishing for bass, crappie, etc on the Ft Loudoun and do some summer fishing in the mountains when it gets hot.

Anyone have any info?

I've got nothing. I've never fished it, just Slickrock Creek (many years ago) which dumps into it. It's suppose to be a good trout fishery...at least that's what I read from online reports. Chilhowee supposedly has a greater variety of fish from what I read.