Thread: Smart big browns

Default Smart big browns

I took a week long trip to the park last week, and it was the best trip I have even taken to the park. One day I put all three species to hand, one day before 12:30 I had 10 browns and 4 rainbows landed, (Best day Ive ever had but only been doing this for 3 years)
    Then I though Id go over to NC and fish new water and it got slower but still catching fish. (All on yellow stimulators and a hotspot type dropper) although three times though the week I had run ins with big browns, one 17 one took my dry twice and two 15 fish came and nosed up on it twice but never committed. I tried switching patterns and tippet but nothing. So with a week like that, my next trip will be sooner than what I thought.

Sounds like you had a great week. I've got to get back to the park myself. Great report.

Nice trip, glad to hear you did well with the dry’s. I was going to go this weekend but just couldn’t get it done. Thanks for posting.

Good stuff, Wannabetroutman. Thanks for the post.
    Joe Fred Turner
    CreekMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams

When talking about wild trout, I always say, "big trout don't get that way by being caught". Keep at it and try things outside the norm when working a wily brown.

Jim Parks