Thread: Spring just around the corner

J.Hightower Guest

Default Spring just around the corner

Got a chance to fish a little today.....I hit a public pond in a small park....lots of people out enjoying the warm weather...I met a man and his son out fishing He was very interested in *flyfishing...I had caught a few small bream as he watched....He had alot of questions and I was glad to try to answer them...He told me his dad had purchased him a flyrod...but did not know how to use it...I showed him what I could and gave him a dryfly and a woolybugger....a good day in all.....Its not always about how many or what size you catch

click to enlarge

Default Re: Spring just around the corner

Good for you! Always great to help others along. I moved to East Tennessee about 3 years ago and have greatly enjoyed the trout fishing on Little River, the Clinch and Holston, in addition to the wonderful scenery. However, I greatly miss fishing small ponds for bass, bream, and crappies. I just do not know where to go to find such small treasures. It would require bank fishing or wading. Any help out there for a catch and release fly-fisher who respects other people's land and public lands? I wish you fish.

J.Hightower Guest

Default Re: Spring just around the corner

Scott I cant help you in Tennessee...but if you ever come to Alabama I will gladly show you some fishing areas...