Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Townsend lodging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Townsend lodging

Can anyone suggest a good cabin on the Little River in Townsend. Need something to fish in and around the park around 3/20 - 3/24.

Thanks

Default Re: Townsend lodging

I bet the Begley's have some suggestions, but I have had great luck with Bearly Rustic cabins. They manage quite a few cabins in and around Townsend. Find them at bearlyrustic.com

littleriverlogcabins.com have some places right on the river as well. The Little River is your back yard. 8-)

These both look good. I'll check them out. I definitely wanted something on the river. We're bringing momma, so I need to make sure I have a place to fish if she decides to go "shopping"
    Paybacks are expensive.............but worth it.
    Thanks

Bearly Rustic is hard to beat. I know of a couple that they have on the river but I'm not sure if you can walk down to it. I would call them and find out. 888-448-6036. Their website is townsendcabin.com. Also you can log on to smokymountains.org. That site is our Visitors Bureau. Hope this helps.

Byron

Wow, their prices( Bearly) are really good if those are up to date!

Byron( or anyone that might know), with all this semi-warm winter weather, do you think that the fishing will pick up to usual spring quality early this year? I'd like to come up there in March, but if April or May is going to be better I guess I can hold out at work a little longer without going totally nutty.

www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

I checked them out on Google Earth, and it looks like the Little River Cabins location is much better.
    I'll make sure to file a report after we go.

Thanks a lot.
    <')))><

Owl, Last year the Quill Gordon, Blue Quill and others started hatching in February. *For that to happen the water temperature needs to get to 50 degrees and stay there for 2 or three days. *Looking forward, I don't think the water temperature will get there in February and maybe not the first week of March. *The 10 day forcast looks like lows in the 30's and it's even colder up in the higher elevations where these streams are born. *When it does get above 50 and stay there the fishing will go nuts. *I update the fishing report every day on the web site and include the water temperature. *When things start happening, we'll let you know on the report.

Byron * *

Thanks so much! 8-) Can't wait to get back up there and fish my favorite section( from the big bend at Elkmont up to the campground). It probably isn't the most productive section, but for some reason I just love that flat area just up from the big bend wall.

thanks again!
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

So is the Little River section behind the cabins at "Little River Log Cabins" a good place to catch (and release) trout?