Thread: Adding my 2 cents to the fishing report

Default Adding my 2 cents to the fishing report

I am not a fishing guide, nor do I play one on TV, but I agree with today's fishing report. I have fished for two day this week in 4 different locales. Started at the confluence of the West and Middle Prongs on Monday, moved up Tremont Road yesterday. I have caught one fish and that was on a BD Prince. I saw some decent hatches just below Tremont yesterday, but no rise at all. I have been flyfishing for about 10 years now and one thing I have learned is that if the fish ain't a risin' you ain't going catch'em with a dry fly regardless of how well you match the hatch. I am hoping that improves today because I am a confirmed dry guy(There is just something Zen-like about watching that fly drift downstream surrounded by beautiful trees and the rushing of the water, oops I disgress. Back to our regularly scheduled programming) and only use nymphs and streamers when absolutely necessary. I am going to try the LR below Metcalfe today and see what happens.

Default Re: Adding my 2 cents to the fishing report

Is the water level going down any? *Is the water clear? *Is it cold? *Are you wet wading?
    Sorry for all of the questions, if it is all too personal then you can disregard them and i'll understand

I don't think the water is dropping much though it is clear enough, it not that cold and no I am wearing waders, but not getting in the water that much, mostly bank fishing because of where I am fishing it is a little deep to wade and the current is running a little strong in some areas. I was out again today before the evening rains came and there just wasn't much of a rise going on up by Tremont. There was a light hatch, but no rise.

The next time you run across a sparse hatch and no risers, and you still want to fish dry....try a small #16 Stimulator in riffles and pocket water. You may be suprised to know that sometimes when they aren't keyed in on the dry fly stage of a hatch, there will sometimes be fish in pockets that will come up and blast a stimulator or similar fly plopped into the back eddies behind rocks and up against the bank. Just something else to try - like anything, it doesn't always work.
    thanks for the reports.
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website