Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Late August fishing

Default Re: Late August fishing

Hey 15,

Do they stop generating the same time on the weekdays. I try and stay away from the crowds which I'm sure will be all over the weir on Saturday evenings.

Bigjim,

Is there access at both of these spots?

It definitely sounds worth a try.

Thanks

justfishing
    <'))))><

Any good but cheap places to stay near the Clinch?

On weekdays I know they don't generate 10 o'clock till about 11:30, but as Big Jim said if they turned the water on at 12:00, you could go to Anderson County to behind the Jailhouse and have another 4 or 5 hours of fishing before having to leave. And, I can answer your question about access too, millers island has a great access area and down at the jailhouse takes some climbing down a bank but it too has some good access areas.

Thanks for the details. Coming to a new river when you only have a short time is very challenging. I don't get to get out too many times a year and I definitely want to make the most of it. The Clinch looks like it could be worth the drive and all the help from this board is a great help in trying to make plans. I will check out some of these spots on google earth to see if I can figure out exactly where they are. I've got IR's Tennessee Trout Waters, but the maps leave alot to be desired.

justfishing
    <'))))><

JF,

Please check the TVA generating schedule before you go to the Clinch. You cannot count on TVA generating on a fixed schedule even on weekends. And as TVA will tell you, "generating schedules are subject to change without notice". Here's the link for Norris generation / elevations:

http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakein...bmit=View+info

psnapp

Theres some big trout in all of East Tennessee's water especially the Clinch River, but wherever you decide to go, good luck!!!!

i have fished the hiwassee in sept.and they were running water(2 turbines)the full 2 and 1/2 days me and my brother fished.that was the first time we saw the place and caught 60 fish.not counting the fish we missed or lost.that place fishes well with the water running.also the caney fork is a fun place to fish with lots of water and access

also,if you fish the hiwassee,you can stay at reliance fly and tackle`s bunk house.we stayed there after thanksgiving last year.

Hey DF,

When the water was running all day, where did you fish? Were you wading or in a tube/boat?

jf

You can access the Clinch at Millers Island, just follow 441 towards Norris Dam and turn off on River Road there's a boat access ramp there and fishing is good all over that stretch. You can also park at the Anderson County Jail and walk along their impound lot towards the River pay attention to the signs and don't go directly behind the Jail or you'll set off alarms and meet some of the Guards (usually pretty nice guys). Good luck!!