Thread: Advice on Roaring Fork

Default Advice on Roaring Fork

I am brand new to the board and I really appreciate all the sage advice and help. There is a fine group of sportsman on this site.

Real basic newbe question as I am still finding my way around when I can make it from Calif ocassionally. What are the entry points for fishing Roaring Fork? I have parked and fished the end of the Motor Trail. It was pretty good but I don't know if I am suppossed to be fishing right there. Do you walk up and fish from there? Better fishing up the motor trail?

Hans: I think I was the "Gentleman from California" on your June Greenbrier post. Man was I dejected having to give up Greenbrier and fly back all day to California that same day.
    Thanks a bunch!

KimB.

Default Re: Advice on Roaring Fork

Kim B!

Hi again. Glad you found us. I remember you. I ended up with my best day on that stream ever. Anyway, Roaring Fork can be tight further upstream up to Grotto Falls. I know of a lot of people who like that stream. I really don't fish it that much but where you were fishing along the road is where most people fish it. Keep in touch.

I like the upper end, we'll park at one of the pull offs & wade upstream to the next one, hit the road & walk back down to the vehicle.
    You can do that a few times before it drops into the gorge & you have to turn into a billy goat to fish it being it leaves the road.

Grumpy

Great caddis / stonefly water have some drys on hand and rework the pools with a nymph...
    pretty much same experience as Grumpy and fish the upper section - park near road crossing and walk a ways down stream and work my way back to the road or work upstream and turn around...
    May you find a rise in every puddle... - WATERBORN

Thanks for the info! I will try these spots & flys for my Oct. trip. Keep up the great posts! I enjoy reading from CA. what y'all are up to.
    KimB.