Thread: caney this morning

Default caney this morning

fished the caney this morning with a group of guys new to the sport. got to the place we were fishing about 15 minutes before light. i caught one within the first 5 minutes i started fishing. right after that my old man broke off on a big one, think 18-20 incher. we fished for about another 1.5 hours and i managed to catch 5, all on different flies. bhpt's, bh hares ear, and zebra midges. dad caught two on a pt and san juan worm. they let one gate go at 8 and the water hit bout 45 minutes later. the new guys didnt catch any, big fish of the day was a 16 incher. pretty good one for the caney. tight lines

Default Re: caney this morning

If you refer to me as your "old man" again, your butt's gonna be walkin' to the Caney netx time.

yes master

If you refer to me as your "old man" again, your butt's gonna be walkin' to the Caney netx time.
    ouch, busted We could post the tractor story

Grumpy

funny one! i got in trouble for calling my wife "my ole lady"once,except the punishment didnt have anything to do with walking

hey 14yearold,i`ve got a great midge imitation you need to try,you might throw the zebra away.i used it when i fished there for the first time in july and caught 35 plus on it and missed twice that many.do you tie?
    dalefish

yea i tie. id love to see it. its been a good while since ive had a 30+ fish day on the caney.if ive ever had one :-?. give me the recipe and if you can a pic. would help. thanks man.

i`ll try to get you something,i dont have a computer that can send or recieve e-mails right now.i`m using my computer at work.we`ll try to figure a way to get a picture on it.may end up mailing you a couple.i use a #16 or 18 curved shrimp hook.tie 3 or 4 strands of barred mallard feather for tail,wrap up towards eye with micro flex tubing,(red or red thread under clear tubing),a small ball of muskrat dubbing,and finish with grizzly dry hackle.use a stripping retrieve. dalefish