Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: noise pollution

JoeFred
    You also have to factor into the mix the proximity to population density and it adds another layer to your analysis

I'm sure many of you have driven the "Dragon." I enjoy driving it in my pickup
    truck. I always seem to have motorcyclist drive up fast behind me wanting to pass. I try to give them the road and they pass me at recklessly high speeds. I
    continually watch for them thereafter to see if they splattered on a rock or wrapped around a tree. An emergency room nurse I knew said that they often refer to motorbike riders as "organ donors." Maybe the reckless, outlaw types are their own worst enemy.......................?

Lee

Never have ridden a "street bike", just dirtbikes in my younger days. I do have a brother in law that is an ex-harley rider. He now rides a super quiet BMW touring bike. He says the loud pipe days are behind him and his buddies. He has gone from one extreme to the other. I agree with the sticker he has on his saddle bags, "LOUD PIPES SUCK!"

Great story, flyguys.

Saddlebag and bumper stickers are examples of how we can freely express ourselves and I am all for that right we have as Americans. Other ways include what some might view as vulgar, irreverent or insensitive bumper stickers and tee shirts. Some may choose to express themselves by driving a tricked out Lincoln Mark LT pickup or head-to-toe body art and hardware. In all these cases, if we are so minded, we can simply look away. Ignoring ridiculously loud pipes is another matter. I am not speaking strictly as a solitude-seeking angler, but also as one in the rapidly growing number with gray, blue or no hair whose budgets and health limit the range of getaway destinations.

JF
    Last edited by JoeFred; 02-09-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com