Thread: Fishing this Weekend...

Default Fishing this Weekend...

I'm going fishing this weekend. I expect the fishing to be slow, because of the significant weather change, but the water temp and level seem like I may have a chance. I will probably fish West Prong, Tremont and maybe the Sinks. Any advice, beyond nymphs and fishing the middle of the day. If someone wants to meet up, send me a PM.

Kevin

Default Re: Fishing this Weekend...

I am considering. It depends on how I feel in the morning. If I go, I'll prob head out around 10 or 11. Stop and say hi if you see the jeep.

I'll probably head out at 8:30. I'll start on West Prong just past the tunnel. I'll be in the black Dakota.

Wish I could join you....I won't be able to get up there until around New Year's...it sounds like the weather and water temps are almost identical to late last week. I fished Tremont, and all the action was below surface with beadheads - it didn't seem to matter on the color. The best fish I caught was out of a nice pool, where I had just missed on another one. It probably held several trout.

All the action was in about a 2-hour stretch in mid-afternoon...before and after that window, absolutely nothing.

Kevin,

I wasn't able to make it out today, but I'm anxious to hear how your day went. Seems like it could have gone either way.

DHC

I met up with kevin this morning. we fished west prong for a few hours with no luck, then moved to abrams. he caught a few and I caught one but did not bring it to hand. (does that count?) overall very slow, but I still had a great time and got some ideas on some places to try this spring.
    Trevor

Man, I love fishing Abrams but haven't fished it nearly as much in the last year as I used to. Glad ya'll caught some fish...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

I haven't had a chance to fish Abrams yet. I've been reluctant to go with all the traffic and those slick rocks. I hear its a better option when the temps drop though.

BTW, did you see many fishermen out today? Were there a lot of people in the Cove?

there weren't too many people out, but you know, it only takes one deer to cause a traffic jam. speaking of slick rocks, i almost busted it many times. its not just that they're slick.... they're also at 45 degree angles.
    Trevor

Saw a few fishermen... Cove was a little crowded, but could have been worse. Fishing was tough again, but we saw lots of hatches all day long. I only had one good strike on the dry. Caught three on a #22 BHPT dropper. All three were very small. In fact the last one looked like a bottle rocket as I snatched it out of the water and watched it crash on the bank. It was unharmed and grateful that I returned it to the water.

BTW 44 degrees on West Prong......... 48 degrees at Abrams trailhead...

Kevin